Smarter Solutions offers a lean six sigma green belt training online program that has been referenced as lean Six Sigma 2.0.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Online – What’s Expected
The Smarter Solutions Online Green Belt training is intended to be an entry level Lean Six Sigma course that will prepare the student to lead DMAIC improvement team efforts within their current business organization. This course is not a prerequisite for Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training, but is a full stand-alone class. No prior Lean Six Sigma experience or statistical knowledge is required to successfully complete this course.
The primary differences between the Blended Online Green Belt and the Blended Online Black Belt course involve a reduction in the depth of the analysis tools, the removal of the Design of Experiments (DOE) concepts, along with a reduced level of instruction on process and customer analysis. We consider a Green Belt course to be an 80% solution, in that the Green Belt will be able to manage and solve around 80% of the typical Lean Six Sigma DMAIC projects.
Upon completion of the course, the coaching requirements, and an initial DMAIC project, the Green Belt student will be able to lead and manage improvement projects that range from a full Lean focus, through a Lean and Six Sigma blended focus, to what can be considered a pure Six Sigma quality project.
In a mature and successful Lean Six Sigma program, Green Belts are supported by an experienced Black Belt or Master Black Belt to assist them in complex data analysis and with their interactions with other internal and external business organizations.
Basic Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Online Course Investment: $1,900.00
Basic Course Investment with individualized coaching: $3,645.00
* Students outside of North America will incur and additional charge of up to $200 to cover shipping of the reference books to their location. Specific costs can be provided upon request.
What’s Included in this Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Online Offering:
Online e-Learning: The e-learning portion is comprised of approximately 84 hours of self-paced modules that cover the DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) roadmap. The material can be accessed for 365 days, at the student’s availability.
The statistical tools through-out the roadmap are taught using Minitab® Statistical Software, which is required while going through the course. The Minitab software can be provided with the course as a perpetual license at the retail price or as a one year license for $550.
Five Textbooks are included in this Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Online:
- The Integrated Enterprise Excellence System
- Integrated Enterprise Excellence Volume I: The Basics
- Integrated Enterprise Excellence Volume II: Business Deployment
- Integrated Enterprise Excellence Volume III: Improvement Project Execution
- Lean Six Sigma Project Execution Guide
Even years after the training, the student has bound textbooks that share the visuals and examples provided in the training course if they need to find a topic they remember from their course. That is, students receive much more than a “deck of slides” from this training offering.
The Lean Six Sigma Project Execution Guide, includes the entire roadmap flow-chart along with discussions and examples to explain nearly every single roadmap step. This workbook can be thumbed through until a familiar diagram or graphic is found which will also include references to the textbook (by chapter and section) for further reading, along with example outputs for different analytical tools.
Coaching & Certification: There are two coaching options available for the Blended Online Black Belt course.
- Basic Coaching: In this model the student is provided email based coaching to support the online course usage. There is no coaching on the course content or support for certification. The student will be provided all of the homework solutions, in a PDF format, to allow feedback on the learning sessions. No certification is included in this option, but it can be arranged at an additional cost
- Individualized Coaching: In this model, the student is assigned a personal Smarter Solutions’ Master Black Belt coach that will provided all of the basic coaching but also up to eight hours of one-on-one support for the improvement project, working with the project champions and team members if needed. The one-on-one support provides a learning experience that meets or exceeds what a student would find in an instructor led classroom environment. This coaching may be conducted via telephone, e-mail, or web conferencing. Individualized coaching in native languages other than English is available at slightly different pricing. Specific pricing estimates are available upon request.
- Certification: Upon completion of the course and improvement project, the student may submit for certification. The list of certification requirements is available upon request. If the student has progressed through the course, scored above 80% on the exam, and completed each of the scheduled coaching sessions for their project; it is estimated that the certification review will be a very quick process. Upon certification, the student will receive a certificate and plaque acknowledging this great achievement.
The course content is:
Course registration is:
Responses to frequently asked question are:
Frequent questions about on-line training’s effectiveness and the desire for a demonstration are addressed in the webinar:
Other Online and Blended Online Course Options in addition to this Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Online Offering