In these six operational excellence system books with lean six sigma project selection, an overall Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) business management system is described where process improvement effort benefit the enterprise as a whole.
Organizations benefit when they follow the methodologies described in these lean Six Sigma project selection criteria Operational Excellence system book.
Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) is the book-described Operational Excellence system that addresses the following issues:
- Traditional Lean Six Sigma project selection criteria can lead to projects that are based upon opinions where limited, if any, data is used in the selection process.
- Common-place Lean Six Sigma project selection criteria often leads to silo process improvement efforts that don′t either get completed or do not benefit the enterprise as a whole.
Because of the shortcomings from traditional improvement project selection, Lean Six Sigma organizational improvement efforts may be downsized or eliminated completely. When times get tough, improvement practitioners are often the first to be transferred or downsized out of the organization.
Why does this lack of sustainability often occur with Lean Six Sigma deployments? The common reason for downsizing or elimination a Lean Six Sigma deployment is that executives do not see the benefits from the effort; e.g., 100 million dollars is reported in savings, but nobody can find the money.
A past Wikipedia definition was Operational Excellence is ″tools toward the sustainable improvement of key performance metrics.″ Lean Six Sigma deployments need to have a Lean Six Sigma Project Selection Criteria that is consistent with this operational excellence definition. IEE is a means to address this Operational Excellence need.
Operational Excellence System Books with Lean Six Sigma Project Selection
How an Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) system can be used to provide an Operational Excellence system for Lean Six Sigma improvement project selection and avoidance of common-place organizational firefighting (at the same time) are described in:
- 1 minute video on the homepage of the Integrated Enterprise Excellence website, along with other site links.
- An Operational Excellence system implementation methodology so that the enterprise as a whole benefits from organizational improvement efforts.
- An article ″Positive Metric Performance Poor Business Performance: How does this Happen?″.
- IEE Volume II, 9-step Operational Excellence deployment and long-lasting execution book provides the details of an implementation with a data driven methodology for addressing a Lean Six Sigma project selection criteria .
Lean Six Sigma and Operational Excellence Benefits
This Operational Excellence implementation methodology:
- Offers improvement project selection and execution consistency so that the enterprise as a whole benefits.
- Provides Lean Six Sigma trainees much more than just a deck of slides from their education classes.
- Delivers process enhancement efforts that avoid organizational silos to the focusing of enhancement efforts that benefit the big-picture.
Explaining the IEE Lean Six Sigma and Process Improvement Methodology to others
A one-minute video illustrates issues with typical scorecarding approaches and their resolution. Other pages on this site provide implementation details.
Three books are available to describe the shortcomings of commonly-used traditional business and process improvement methodologies. These books describe the benefit of the IEE system from a high-level point of view.
Two of these books highlight what can be done to enhance business management and improvement efforts through an IEE deployment. One of these books provides this explanation from a book-novel point of view while the other provides a description from a tool-usage vantage perspective. The third book describes the application of IEE techniques in a Business Process Management (BPM) deployment.
These books are:
- Integrated Enterprise Excellence System: An Enhanced, Unified Approach to Balanced Scorecards, Strategic Planning and Business Improvement
- Integrated enterprise Excellence Volume I, The Basics: Golfing Buddies go Beyond Lean Six Sigma and the Balanced Scorecard
A third book, The Business Process Management Guidebook: An Integrated Enterprise Excellence BPM System, describes how the Integrated Enterprise Excellence System can be used to enhance a business process management deployment.
Lean Six Sigma Operational Excellence Process Improvement Books
The details of executing Lean Six Sigma process improvement projects is described in two other books:
Purchasing Lean Six Sigma and Operational Excellence Books at a Discount
Contact Us to set up a time to discuss with Forrest Breyfogle how your organization might gain much from an Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) Business Process Management System as described in these books.