This Lean Six Sigma Project Execution Guide provides a detailed memory-jogger type roadmap that follows the DMAIC process improvement roadmap. There are many memory-jogger books, which list the tools of Lean, Six Sigma, and continuous improvement. These books can do a good job explaining tool applications; however, these books do not typically link these tools together in a detailed project execution roadmap format.
Benefits from this book include providing a:
- Consistent roadmap-delivered methodology that can be readily referenced when executing organizational improvement projects.
- Vehicle which expedites the tool-application learning process and improves the efficiency/effectiveness of experienced-practitioner coaching sessions.
In addition to project selection, this workbook provides the following deliverables for a successful process improvement project completion:
- List of deliverables and suggested tools: High-level summary of what is expected in each phase and what tools one may consider applying.
- Road maps: A detailed step-by-step process of selecting and applying various Six Sigma/Lean tools and techniques to meet all the project deliverables.
- Check sheets: High-level check lists for each project phase which can be used by Black Belts, Green Belts, Champions, and/or executives to ensure that all major phase requirements have been met.
- Tools: A high-level description of many tools where there is reference to IEE Volume III or IEE Volume II of the IEE book series for more details.
- Statistical program execution: Described tool-application techniques are independent of statistical software; however, the syntax for Minitab statistical software usage is included.
page count: 194
Two other books that are directly related to, and can be used in conjunction with, this book:
- Integrated Enterprise Excellence Volume III – Improvement Project Execution: A Management and Black Belt Guide for Going Beyond Lean Six Sigma and the Balanced Scorecard, Forrest W. Breyfogle III, Bridgeway Books/Citius Publishing, Austin, TX, 2008.
- Solutions Manual Integrated Enterprise Excellence Volume III – Improvement Project Execution: A Management and Black Belt Guide for Going Beyond Lean Six Sigma and the Balanced Scorecard, Forrest W. Breyfogle III, Citius Publishing, Austin, TX, 2009
- More information about the book, Lean Six Sigma Project Execution Guide: The Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) Process Improvement Project Roadmap, Forrest W. Breyfogle III, Bridgeway Books/Citius Publishing, Austin, TX, 2008.
For additional information about Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) see: Business Management Implementation: IEE Articles, Videos, Books)