″Why Lean Six Sigma Training and Execution″ is a question that is often asked, along with how to generate management′s interest. Hopefully the following will be helpful for those who would like to sell Lean Six Sigma methodologies in an organization and/or seek Lean Six Sigma certification.
One person stated, ″I do have a strong interest in pursuing any of the “Lean” or “Black Belt” programs; … I find the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt program an extremely valuable asset if not an essential one.″ However, often practitioners and other individuals have difficulty selling the process improvement concepts of Lean Six Sigma training and execution to their leadership.
This fundamental question was addressed in the webinar ″Why Your Manager Wants a Lean Six Sigma Belt Working for Them!″ The following points were included in this presentation relative to how one might be able to sell their attendance in a Lean Six Sigma course:
Why Lean Six Sigma Training and Execution: Webinar’s Business Points
The primary objectives of a Lean Six Sigma belt are to solve business problems and implement changes, but well certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belts and Lean Six Sigma Green Belts also can offer under-recognized skills:
- Lead the organization to solve chronic business problems that remain after many attempts to resolve
- Provide a detailed business analysis of a decision or process
- Lean an implementation or deployment effort for anything
- Provide a detailed voice of the customer analysis
- Lead or manage any business
- Communicate with suppliers and customers
- Develop and maintain performance scorecards and dashboards
- Assess and mitigate business risk
- Lead cross functional efforts
- Perform detailed financial analysis for change and projects
Personal Testimonial from Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Student
″Today, at my current company, a Regional Business (& Process Improvement) Leader position is being created for the first time ever. I have to confess, I really didn’t see myself as championing this sort of effort within my organization. Because of the Green Belt training received, and the skills that have transpired in what I currently do – which is also a one-of-a-kind position within my organization – I’ve been called to consider this new Regional Business Leader position.
Again, being that the Regional Business Leader is a new position altogether, there is no precedence to follow. All I can say is that I have to credit your organization and the Green Belt training that consciously or unconsciously influenced, in a very positive light, my work and growth as a professional.″ With sincere gratitude … Jorge
Personal Testimonials from Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and Master Black Belt Students
In the following two recorded webinars, past students describe the benefits that they received from their Lean Six Sigma training:
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Students’ Questions and Answers Session with Testimonials
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Students’ Questions and Answers Session with Testimonials
Why Lean Six Sigma Training and Execution: Project Execution Roadmap
The Lean Six Sigma define-measure-analyze-improve-control (DMAIC) provides structure for executing a process improvement project where:
- Define: Identify an opportunity
- Measure: Use a team to solve issues
- Analyze: Determine the changes that matter
- Improve: Implementing change
- Control: Making changes permanent
Much is gained when Lean Six Sigma training includes a book-set, which is referenced during the training.
Much can be gained when the Lean Six Sigma training includes 30,000-foot-level predictive performance reporting, which can be used not only at the project level but the enterprise level as well as enhanced scorecarding alternatives.
Also, many hands-on exercises enhance the learning experience as shown below in the picture of Jorge participating in his Green Belt Training:
Why Lean Six Sigma Training and Execution: Integrated Enterprise Excellence
An Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) approach that utilizes Lean Six Sigma tools not only for project execution but the execution of a business management system as well can help organizations where:
- Improvement projects are not positively impacting the bottom line.
- Scorecards are not effective and need improvement.
- Total revenue and profit margins are unsatisfactory.
- Quarterly reviews are lengthy and have questionable value.
- Organizations are operating in silos.
More details about how to address these business-system issues is described in:
- An article: “Positive Metric Performance & Poor Business Performance – How Does This Happen?”
- A recorded webinar: “From Business Chaos to Competitive Advantage”
Why Lean Six Sigma Training and Execution: Deployment Issues and Resolution
One may find the following published articles, which I wrote several years ago, to be beneficial when implementing Lean Six Sigma in a company:
Why Lean Six Sigma Training and Execution: Conclusion
While many in executive and leadership roles may question the value in Lean Six Sigma training and execution, Lean Six Sigma students and practitioners understand the many benefits. The resources provided here are to validate and promote the various ways of why Lean Six Sigma Training and execution is essential in any organization. Hope you will share with others!