Lean Six Sigma black belt training and certification by Smarter Solutions has a method for Lean Six Sigma Green Belts to upgrade to a lean Six Sigma Black Belt without taking a full Black Belt course. We have rebuilt our courses to allow the last two weeks of our Black Belt course to be an upgrade to the basic Green Belt course.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training and Certification: How a Green Belt to Black Belt Upgrade Works
Green Belt to Black Belt upgrade is set up to be a two week follow-on course to our instructor-led Green Belt course, but we admit students who have taken our online Green Belt course along with students from other Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training courses.
Completed a Smarter Solutions’ Online or Instructor-led Green Belt Course?
If the Green Belt class was completed within the past 12 months, you may attend the course with no restrictions. If the Smarter Solutions’ Green Belt course was completed over 12 months ago, you must have attained the Green Belt Certification or be able to demonstrate that you have retained your Green Belt skill set. We will also offer you a free online course covering the 30,000-foot-level performance reporting methods to prepare for the course.
If it is more than five years since you completed your Green Belt training, we can still accommodate your needs, but we will need to talk with you to ensure you are ready for the course.
Contact us if you have any questions.
Completed a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Course from Another Provider?
Smarter Solutions will accommodate students trained from any source, but we will want to make sure that you are positioned to succeed in our upgrade course. We will need to verify the following conditions:
- Completed a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course
- Know and understand the DMAIC method to solve problems, usually through completion of a project and subsequent certification
- Use Minitab Software proficiently
If you can meet these conditions, then we will ask you to successfully complete our online 30,000-foot-level performance reporting methods course, at a small additional cost. The topics in this online course are not included in most Lean Six Sigma courses but are a key concept that we use in the Black Belt training.
Key Learning Points and Benefits:
- We start with the last lectures from a Green Belt course and build on your skills and knowledge.
- This course spends more time on how to identify the optimal DMAIC tools.
- We discuss lessons learned on DMAIC projects to prepare you for common problems that may arise in projects.
- We leverage Minitab to teach you analysis methods that exceed the ASQ BOK.
- We emphasize our DMAIC roadmap in more detail.
- We introduce more business topics into the Lean Six Sigma topics
Included in Add-on Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Tuition:
- SSI trained Green Belts will be provided an additional textbook, IEE Volume 2, which is used to introduce the business aspects of Lean Six Sigma.
- Non-SSI trained Green Belts will be provided a full set of text books to support the pre-learning required to attend.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification from Green Belt
Black Belt Certification is granted by Smarter Solutions after a successful completion of the course and all of the associated homework and in-class projects in conjunction with the successful completion of an independent improvement project using the IEE Project DMAIC roadmap that is taught during the course. There is no specific monetary requirement for the project savings, but it is required to demonstrate a “significant” performance change that is valued by the company. Smarter Solutions provides individual coaching from a Master Black Belt for each student during his/her independent project that supports the learning and provides guidance in the project execution. This option is included in the full course price and can be added to the basic course with a minimal charge.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training and Certification: Course Locations
Smarter Solutions has opportunities to upgrade your Green Belt with every scheduled Black Belt course. You just attend the last two scheduled weeks of the course. We currently teach in these locations.
- Austin, Texas
- Toronto, Canada
More locations available upon request.
Online Lean Six Sigma Training Courses Available
Pricing varies by situation. Please contact us at +1 512.918.0280 or email us to determine your options.