How to identify six sigma projects so the enterprise benefits is important to achieve a long-lasting successful lean Six Sigma deployment. Let’s now discuss how this objective can be achieved.
Lean Six Sigma project definition so enterprise benefits is important for long lasting success of a Lean Six Sigma deployment. A methodology to achieve this objective is Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE).
Lean Six Sigma Project Definition so Enterprise Benefits
Effective lean six sigma project definition and selection for process improvement depends upon analytically evaluating the enterprise as a whole to identify areas that can provide the most leveraged benefits.
If a detailed collective analysis of the whole enterprise is not used when selecting lean six sigma improvement projects or just-do-it-projects, the efforts and expenses to complete these ventures might not be as good as one might think; e.g., the project was in a silo and did not affect the constraint of the entire system.
An approach to address the issues is the Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) business management system. In IEE, improvement efforts are identified in step 6 and executed in step 7, as shown in Figure 1. With IEE, there is an overall business management system that aligns predictive scorecards with analytically/innovatively determined strategies that lead to specific targeted operational goals. These operational goals result in process owners’ demanding timely execution and completion of the identified project so that the enterprise as a whole benefits.
9-step IEE Business Management System
Addition aspects of the IEE business management system and its strategic planning process that leads to lean six sigma project definition so enterprise benefits are:
- The whole business is evaluated when selecting performance measures for functions in the IEE value chain; i.e., step 2 of the IEE system.
- IEE value chain measurements are long-lasting through management changes and are assessed for being predictive. For functional process metrics that have stability, a predictive statement can be made relative to what is expected from the process in the future.
- The IEE value chain metrics describe the current state of the business and can be useful to determine where strategic improvements efforts should focus through analysis; i.e., step 3.
- More insight is gained in step 3 relative to the economic environment, competition, etc. when deciding where strategies should focus so that the enterprise as a whole benefits.
- In step 4, financial goals, which are reasonable for the enterprise, lead to strategies that are then aligned for the purpose of creating targeted improvement efforts that are, when appropriate, in alignment with operation metrics; i.e., step 6.
- Step 7 is then the execution of lean six sigma project definition or another improvement projects that are aligned to specific functional performance metrics in the IEE value chain; i.e., step 2. Owners of these metrics are asking/demanding the timely completion of projects in their area so that their reported performance metrics improve.
- Improvement projects’ gain can be maintained since operations metrics can be automatically dated daily using Enterprise Performance Reporting System (EPRS) software, which can at any time be accessed by everyone throughout the organization who has authorization by a simple click of a button,
More Information about Lean Six Sigma Project Definition so Enterprise Benefits
For additional information about Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) and lean Six Sigma project definition so enterprise benefits see:
- Lean Six Sigma project definitions so enterprise benefits: Articles, Videos, Books
- Addressing executive challenges with resolution thorough lean six sigma project definition so enterprise benefits
- Creating predictive performance metrics and their identification so there is lean Six Sigma project definition so enterprise benefits
- Predictive performance metrics system that has lean Six Sigma project definitions so enterprise benefits
- Integrating business process management (BPM) with lean Six Sigma project definition so enterprise benefits
Contact Us to set up a time to discuss with Forrest Breyfogle how your organization might gain much from an Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) Business Process Management System Lean Six Sigma 2.0 implementation.