Many businesses have been working to an Enterprise Process Management (EPM) and a Business Process Management (BPM) system and do not have a need to re-deploy these concepts but are looking to take the next step in their management journey. These organizations could be looking to increase their workforce skills, to improve their performance scorecards, and/or to establish a greater infrastructure for their efforts. For these businesses, we provide many of the building blocks for the IEE BPM system to businesses and individuals looking for skill attainment.
Business Process Management Training Courses
These courses are taught in a series of short courses, rather than one big course to allow for the student to learn what they need or work for a complete curricula and a certification.
These courses are being pilot tested and will soon be available for registration. Contact us at 512-918-0280 for more information.
- Introduction to BPM & EPM: A one-day course covering the basic components of a successful BPM and EPM business system. The student will gain an understanding of the key principles and lessons learned in the application of BPM and EPM in a real business.
- Business Process Modeling 1: This is a two-day course covering business process diagramming using the Business Process Mapping Notation (BPMN) which is the starting point for all workflow automation. This course is not specific to any single software BPMN Solution.
- Business Process Modeling 2: This three day course provides the skills required to take a valid BPMN diagram and create a working simulation of the workflow.; Using the simulation methods, the student will learn how to optimize the workflow for various business conditions prior to business process adoption.
- Enterprise Business Diagramming: This one-day course shows the student how to diagram a business using a variant of Porter’s Value Chain that includes drill-down linkage to more detailed process diagrams along with a clever method to link the diagram to performance reporting as a multi-level scorecard and the distribution of process information.
- 30,000-foot-level Performance Reporting Methods: This is a two-day course using Minitab software where the student learns to generate metric performance reports that provide a deep understanding of a business process and allow for a predictive view of the future performance. (also available as an online course)
- Reporting Enterprise Metric Performance: This one-day course will provide the student the skills to select valuable enterprise business performance metrics and produce no-nonsense scorecards with the metrics that will support the EPM and BPM efforts.
- Reporting process performance: This one-day course provides the student the skills to select process level performance metrics and to produce no-nonsense predictive scorecards with metrics that support the BPM efforts.
- Acting on process performance: This is a unique two-day course that teaches a process worker and their management to both provide sustaining management but also how to identify performance changes and then how to select the best actions to restore or even improve the process performance. This is a key part of a successful BPM system.
- Acting on Enterprise Performance: This is a one-day course that provides business leaders and managers the ability to evaluate performance scorecards and quickly identify business opportunities/issues so that the best direction can be taken to the restoration/improvement of process performance. This is a key part of a successful EPM System.
- Strategic Plan Generation: This is a one-day course that shows business leaders how to use an innovative method to identify, generate, and act on Enterprise Business Strategies. In this course, realistic enterprise business financial performance goals are established. Targeted strategies are then created, along with the establishment of aligned operational performance goals, so that the enterprise as a whole benefits. These operational goals then pull for the creation of targeted improvement projects that, upon completion, will have whole-enterprise benefits. This is a key skill used in successful EPM systems.
- Analyzing for Causes: This is a two-day course that introduces the skills and methodologies that are used to analyze both the enterprise and a process to identify the key factors that drive success. This class uses the Minitab statistical analysis software to demonstrate the methods.
- Process Improvements (LSS): Lean Six Sigma is a common method to address business opportunities and issues that derive from chronic problems or incapable processes. Training in this area is found in the Lean Six Sigma section of this site. It is beneficial to have Lean Six Sigma trained resources to lead efforts to work many of the opportunities.
- Process Improvement (RCA): This is a one-day course that introduces the principles of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and provides the student an ability to recognize when this is the best approach to fix a problem and how to lead an effort.
- Enterprise/process Risk Mitigation: This is a one-day course that provides the student the ability to fully utilize a Failure Modes and Effects (FMEA) diagram to assess and mitigate the risk existing in both the enterprise and the business processes. This is a key skill used in process design and process improvement efforts.
Contact us or call +1 512.918.0280 to discuss your specific needs and/or obtain pricing information that is customized to your situation.