The continuous quality improvement system of Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) provides an enhanced Business Management System that gives targeted direction on where to focus improvement efforts so that the enterprise as a whole benefits.
Continuous Quality Improvement System Objectives
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) is to be a system methodology for creating an environment in which management and workers work together on constantly improving quality.
What is continuous quality improvement? Continuous Quality Improvement is a program that:
- Examines processes and their outcomes.
- Establishes accountability
- Embraces a philosophy of doing what it takes for clients
- Creates a culture that embraces continuous improvement change
- Establishes a process and client feedback system
- Uses tools for quantification and analysis
- Reacts to common cause and special cause variability appropriately
- Establishes a data-driven environment.
- Looks at the long-term, as opposed to giving focus to meeting short-term objectives
- Utilizes teamwork when making improvements
These points are very important but typically are not addressed systematically within organizations.
Effective Continuous Quality Improvement Implementation
Everyone knows that organizations need to improve in order to survive and thrive. However, what often happens with continuous quality improvement efforts is that these efforts might use methodologies such as Total Quality Management (TQM), Lean, or Lean Six Sigma, but what often occurs is that the continuous quality improvement efforts occur in silos and do not benefit the enterprise as a whole.
What is needed is a system that breaks-down organizational silos:
An enhanced approach for making continuous quality improvements and addressing all the previously described attributes of an effective system is through the integration of organizational improvement efforts in an overall business management system. This is accomplished with the Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE).
The IEE system provides integration of:
- Predictive scorecards
- Analytically/innovatively determined strategies
- Improvement projects that are determined analytically to benefit the enterprise as a whole
- Control mechanisms so that gains are maintained and risks minimized
With IEE, predictive scorecards can automatically be updated through the Enterprise Performance Reporting System (EPRS).
Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) Continuous Quality Improvement System
The IEE system addresses the traditional business scorecard and improvement issues described in a one-minute video:
In the 9-step IEE enhanced continuous quality improvement system, step number 7 is the execution of improvement efforts that benefit the big picture:
An IEE Enterprise Improvement Plan (EIP) provides a visual of where in this continuous quality improvement system where focus should be given. NOTE: the four columns are steps 4, 5, 6, and 7 of the 9-step IEE system.
All the details of implementing the IEE continuous quality improvement system is provided in a 5-book set:
Additional Information on Continuous Quality Improvement System Implementation and IEE Integration
How to achieve continuous quality improvement implementation with IEE is described in:
- IEE and continuous quality improvement implementation achievement: Articles, Videos, Books
- Resolution of executive challenges through IEE and continuous quality improvement implementation
- Transitioning to predictive performance reporting with big-picture continuous quality improvement implementation benefits
- Integrating predictive performance metrics and continuous quality improvement implementation in a business management system
- Business process management (BPM) with continuous quality improvement implementation
Contact Us to set up a time to discuss with Forrest Breyfogle how your organization might gain much from an Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) Business Process Management System and its continuous quality improvement system methodology.