Organizations and Individuals benefit when their Operational Excellence Master Black Belt Certification and Training involves more than the application of advanced statistical tools. This is accomplished when taught concepts give focus to the enhanced Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) Business Management System.
The IEE Master Black Belt workshop offering provides the how-to details for creating an effective Operational Excellence (OE) system, which addresses the issues described in a one-minute (OE) video.
This training is for not only for Lean Six Sigma certified Black Belts who are seeking Master Black Belt certification, but also analysts and others who are comfortable with data analyses.
With the taught Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) Operational Excellence methodology, organizational performance metrics are reported in a format so that there is less firefighting, while at the same time providing a structural linkage to the processes that created the metrics. In this system, organizational measurement improvement needs pull for process enhancement efforts that benefit the enterprise as a whole.
A description of implementing the IEE 9-step Operational Excellence (OE) system (Figure 1) is described in the article Positive Metric Performance, Poor Business Performance: How Does this Happen? .
Figure 1: 9-step IEE OE System
IEE OE Testimonials provide insight as to how others have benefited from the methodology taught in this Master Black Belt training.
Week 1: Operational Excellence Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Workshop
Week 1 of this two-week Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt training focuses on how to implement step 2 of the Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) 9-step OE system shown in Figure 1.
Upon completion of this first week of training, attendees will be able to:
- Use a complementary Minitab add-in so that 30,000-foot-level process reporting can easily be generated at not only the project level but the enterprise-level as well. With this powerful Enterprise Performance Reporting System (EPRS) reporting addition to Minitab, one can use simple drop down menus to create metric report-outs that assess and make process prediction statements, when appropriate, for virtually every type of data-output situation. This tool can provide more insight to process performance than traditional scorecards and dashboards, as described in “Why Change your Approach to Performance Reporting? .
- Create a web-based Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) Operational Excellence value chain. This clickable value chain links 30,000-foot-level measurement report outs with the processes and documentation that produced them.
- Describe how to provide automatic updated 30,000-foot-level reporting within an organization’s IEE Operational Excellence value chain, through the utilization of a server-based software offering that integrates and utilizes data from existing and newly created databases.
Week 2: Operational Excellence Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Workshop
Week 2 of this two-week Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt training focuses on implementing the other eight steps of the IEE 9-step Operational Excellence system.
Upon completion of this second week of training, attendees will be able to:
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma analyze and improve tools at the organizational level so insight is gained for enhancing the enterprise as a whole.
- Establish organizational controls that reduce risks and maintain the gain from previous improvement efforts.
- Conduct efficient regular metric report outs and meetings that guide organizations toward achievement of the 3Rs of business; i.e., everyone doing the RIGHT things, doing them RIGHT, at the RIGHT time.
Contact Us to set up a time to discuss with Forrest Breyfogle how your organization might gain much from an Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) Business Process Management System and/or its Operational Excellence Master Black Belt Certification and Training.