A lean Six Sigma book review and beyond the balanced scorecard system is provided in a published article. This writing highlights the benefits of the concept described in two published books by Forrest Breyfogle:
- ″Book Review: Integrated Enterprise Excellence, Volume 1—The Basics: Golfing Buddies Go Beyond Lean Six Sigma and the Balanced Scorecard″
- ″Book Review: Lean Six Sigma Project Execution Guide: The Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) Process Improvement Project Roadmap″
The below PDF of this book-review article provides insight to an Operational Excellence Implementation and Process Improvement book series, where in this review two books are described.
This published two book-review highlights the following:
Book 1 Review: Lean Six Sigma Book Review and Beyond the Balanced Scorecard System
Summary of book’s content:
- One-minute video provides a book summary
- Content is a novel-written Operational Excellence Implementation and Process Improvement book
- Book is about four MBA friends who describe during their golfing meetings challenges they are having in their business management and improvement efforts.
- The four friends describe in this book the problems they are encountering implementing Lean, Six Sigma, and the Balanced Scorecard.
- In the end of this book, the four friends conclude that they should not be just searching for improvement projects like Lean and Six Sigma deployments suggest but instead implement an enhanced operational excellence system called Integrated Enterprise Excellence.
Book 2 Review: Lean Six Sigma Book Review and Beyond the Balanced Scorecard System
Summary of book’s content:
- Content is a detailed Lean Six Sigma Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) roadmap for Operational Excellence Implementation and Process Improvement Book.
- Provides step-by-step details of implementing the enhanced operational excellence project execution roadmap, where improvement projects benefit the enterprise as a whole.
- Shows the roadmap for the creation of improvement projects so that the enterprise as a whole benefits by improving key performance indicator (KPI) metrics that benefits the big picture.
- Shows the basic roadmap for implementing and executing a Lean Six Sigma improvement project.
- Provides reference to Integrated Enterprise Excellence Volume III, Improvement Project Execution: A Management and Black Belt Guide for Going Beyond Lean Six Sigma and the Balanced Scorecardfor additional project-execution details
These two books are part of an Operational Excellence and Lean Six Sigma Five Book Set series that structurally integrates predictive business scorecards with big-picture process improvement efforts.
An Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) system is described in these books, which address the need described in a Wikipedia definition for Operational Excellence. A description of the benefits of IEE 2.0 is described in a one-minute video.
Purchasing a copy of the textbook described in this lean six sigma and book review and beyond the balanced scorecard system: Purchasing books at a discount price
ASQ Quality Management Forum (QMF) editor, Robert Spencer, provides a QMF published review of the two above-described books. The first book is Integrated Enterprise Excellence Volume I – The Basics: Golfing Buddies Go Beyond Lean Six Sigma and the Balanced Scorecard by Forrest Breyfogle. Included also in this review is Breyfogle’s Lean Six Sigma Project Execution Guide: The Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) Process Improvement Project Roadmap. For more information about these books, download the published PDF article.Download