The performance management system book review provided in the link below describes the benefit of a textbook that shows how to structurally link predictive scorecards with the processes that created them. In addition, this book provides a methodology for determining where improvement efforts should focus so that the big picture benefits.
In this published review of Integrated Enterprise Excellence Volume II: Business Deployment: A Management Guide and Black Belt Guide for Going Beyond Lean Six Sigma and the Balanced Scorecard by Forrest Breyfogle, it is stated: ″This 500-plus page textbook is full of practical examples showing ways to create Lean and Six Sigma projects that embrace an enterprise perspective, support strategies consistent with business goals, and promote a clear understanding of what to measure and report″.
This book provides the details of implementing an enhanced operational excellence system.
Performance Management System Book Review: Concepts Implementation
Provided in this book are the how-to’s for implementation of a 9-step enhanced Operational Excellence (OE) system. This Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) book-described methodology offers:
- An enhanced Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) reporting system
- Linkage of predictive 30,000-foot-level performance measurements with the processes that created them.
- Identification of process improvement efforts so that the organization as a whole benefits
- Integration of Theory of Constraints (TOC) and lean Six Sigma analytics within an overall structured business management system
- More effective meetings
For a summary of the book-described methodologies, roadmap and benefits see:
- A one-minute video on benefits of an enhanced Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) system and its predictive scorecards
- Article titled “Positive Metrics Poor Business Performance: How Does this happen?”
- Book Summary Video (1 Minute): Integrated Enterprise Excellence, Volume II – Business Deployment: A Leaders’ Guide for Going Beyond Lean Six Sigma and the Balanced Scorecard
Performance Management System Book Review: Training and Implementation Opportunities
Universities can use this book as a class textbook. For-profit and non-profit organizations can utilize this book in their Operational Excellence training.
- Process output performance measures are structurally linked with the processes that created them.
- Predictive scorecards can automatically be updated and readily available through a simple “click of the mouse”.
The University of Texas offers sponsored public training in the book-described methodologies. This OE book is integrated and utilized throughout the training. Experienced individuals do not need to have received Lean Six Sigma certification to attend the Lean Six Sigma Master Black belt offering, which is structured around the book-described OE methodology.
Discount purchase price for a copy of the textbook described in this performance management system book review: Purchasing book at a discount price
ASQ Quality Management Forum editor, Robert Spencer, book review of Integrated Enterprise Excellence Volume II: Business Deployment: A Management Guide and Black Belt Guide for Going Beyond Lean Six Sigma and the Balanced Scorecard by Forrest Breyfogle is available through the following downloaded link.Download